All Saints Updates and Cancellations
At All Saints, as we continue to monitor the on-going and fluid situation, it’s important to be as vigilant and proactive as possible to take steps we deem appropriate to reduce the risks to our parishioners and visitors.
As such, please note the following:
- The Church will be open from 10 am – 2 pm every day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Our Priests will continue to be offering Masses for those in their care including the names in the Mass Intention’s book. For those who are ill and requesting prayers, please be sure to add the name(s) to the red prayer book in the back of the Church and continue to update as needed.
- Our parish office will be open Monday – Friday from 10 am – 2 pm.
- The Adoration Chapel is closed until further notice.
- We will handle Baptisms, Weddings, and Funeral questions on an individual basis. Please contact our parish office at 770-393-3255.
- All events at All Saints are canceled until further notice, including RCIA, EDGE, Life Teen, The Preschool, The Playroom, KofC Fish Fry and Bingo.
- Parish School of Religion is cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
- First Communion on April 25 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
We will continue to communicate here and through our weekly eNews. Please be sure to check this page frequently for updates.
Archdiocese of Atlanta Updates
Effective Friday, March 27, the suspension of public Masses in the Archdiocese is extended through the First Sunday after Easter (Divine Mercy Sunday), hence through April 19.
Churches will remain open for prayer and adoration. We ask that you practice social distancing when utilizing these spaces. Do not come if you are sick or if coming will put you at great risk of becoming sick.
Reconciliation – It is no longer appropriate, given the local emergency accommodations, to hear confessions in confessional boxes or confined rooms. The sacrament of Reconciliation is to be celebrated within spaces of the church which have been prepared for the worthy celebration of the sacrament.
First Holy Communion and Confirmations – These celebrations will be rescheduled.
Weddings, Funerals – If they are to be held, should be limited to immediate family and should conform to the stipulations of the local heath authority.
RCIA – There will be no Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter Vigil this year in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. If the restrictions are lifted, permission is granted to celebrate the initiation of the Elect by the sacrament of Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist at a Pentecost Vigil Mass on May 30, 2020.
The Archdiocese of Atlanta is increasing efforts to make spiritual resources available to you at home during this time. You can check their website for updates on current directives as well as a list of Masses offered online via live-stream, broadcast, or social media. These Masses are private and you should only participate online. You can also find online a collection of prayer and spiritual resources as well as ideas for home catechesis.